For anyone who is intolerant to wheat and/or wants to eat a very healthy lunch that is very satisfying and tastes good, this sandwich recipe is great. It is also perfect for vegetarians or vegans, as it contains absolutely no animal produce at all.
What You Will Need
- Rye bread — you can buy this from most health food stores.
- Nut butter — for example: Peanut Butter, Cashew Nut Butter, Almond Nut Butter, or Hazelnut Butter.
- Lettuce or other green leafy vegetable (spinach, for example).
How to Make the Sandwich
- Cut between 4 and 6 slices from the loaf of rye bread.
- Spread the nut butter liberally on all of the slices of rye bread.
- Grate the carrot, and then spread over the nut butter on all slices of the rye bread.
- Place several leaves of the green leafy vegetable over the top of all the grated carrot.
- Quickly flip the slices of rye bread together, being careful not to spill out any carrot or leafy vegetable. There you have it, 2 or 3 very healthy sandwiches for your lunch!
The great thing about this sandwich is that not only does it not contain wheat or meat, it is also a great way of having a perfectly balanced meal while out and about, as the sandwich incorporates all three of the components of a perfectly balanced meal:
- Complex carbohydrate (rye bread)
- Protein (nut butter)
- Non-starchy vegetables