1.) Curried Chicken with Mango Salad
• 4 chicken thighs, about 2lbs
• 1/2 cup of low-fat plain yogurt
• 2 tsps of mango chutney
• 2 tsps of curry powder
• 1/2 tsps of salt
• 1 medium mango, diced
• 1/4 cup of finely diced red onion
• 2 tsps of finely chopped fresh mint
• 2 tsps of red-wine vinegar
• 2 tsps of brown sugar
1. Place an oven rack in middle raw of oven and pre-heat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Whisk yogurt, chutney, and curry powder in a medium bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Remove the chicken from the sauce and transfer to the prepared broiler pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
3. Broil the chicken about 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and continue cooking for about 12 to 15 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, combine mango, onion, mint, vinegar, brown sugar, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Serve the chicken with the mango salad. This is one of a healthy chicken recipe that give your spicy taste and sour taste of Mango salad.
2.) Healthy Warm Chicken Salad with Fruits and Nuts
3 Chicken Breasts
2 tsp Lemon-pepper seasoning
1 cup halved grapes
1 cup diced apples
2 tablespoons of low-fat mayonnaise
¼ cup chopped nuts
Season Chicken breasts with Lemon-pepper mix and let it marinate for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake the chicken breasts about 30 minutes. Once thoroughly cooked, dice by hand. Place chicken into a medium bowl and mix with grapes, apples, nuts, and mayo. This healthy chicken salad recipe can be eaten as a salad or a wrap with some lettuce.
3.) Chicken and Avocado Soup
1lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
4 tortillas, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
8 cloves garlic thinly sliced
4 fresh green chilies, seeds removed and sliced
4 cups chicken stock
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 avocado – peeled, stone removed and diced
Half a bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Preheat oven to 200. Arrange tortilla strips on a baking tray and bake until lightly browned or 3 to 5 minutes. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, and chilies in olive oil until lightly browned. Stir in chicken, chicken stock, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently, simmer until chicken is cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in avocado and coriander and heat through. Adjust seasonings. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.